The main source of my chaos...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 30 - Thankful Blog - The End!

Well, it’s the last day of November.  I didn’t get to blog about everything I wanted to, so I’m going to throw out a few different things today.
I’m thankful for the nice weather we’re having.  I just don’t know if I could handle bitter cold this early in the winter.  As a matter of fact, I’m done with winter.  How long until Spring?
I’m thankful for a couple of really good friends.  Friends that I can tell everything and know it’s not going any further.  Friends who get my sense of humor and my sarcasm. 
I’m thankful for my job.  While it can be a ginormous pain in the behind, I can’t imagine a better setup for raising a family.  With the great invention of the smartphone, I now have the flexibility to not only work from home, but from anywhere I choose – a ballgame, the grocery store, the pool. 
I’m thankful for DHR, who listened to me last year when I said “I wouldn’t mind having a newborn for a little while” and gave me Baby A.  She was really only supposed to be with us short-term, but there are no words to express how glad I am that we still have her. 
I’m thankful for Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.  I’m probably going to weigh 600 pounds soon, but DANG, that stuff is good.
I’m thankful that I’m not a teenage girl.  Geez.  My eyes have certainly been opened lately and I don’t envy my daughters having to deal with the stuff they have to deal with at all.  I have a whole new respect for them. 
I’m thankful that people put so much importance on having a nicely mowed yard.  Garnett’s Lawn Equipment had a good year, and thus the Garnett family had a good year. 
I’m thankful for yoga pants.  I don’t do yoga, but that’s irrelevant.  Whoever invented these is a genius.
And I’m thankful that November is almost over.  While I didn’t run out of subjects to blog about, I ran out of TIME each day.  The pressure of blogging EVERY day nearly got to me.  Whew.  I’m much more suited to be a 1-2 times per week blogger. 
So, anyway.  Bye Bye November.  Welcome December!!  I am ALMOST feeling a twinge of Christmas spirit.  I heard “Christmas in Dixie” on the radio today and felt almost downright jolly for a minute.  I briefly entertained putting up a tree tomorrow but then Willard reminded me that tomorrow is only December 1st.  Plenty of time left. 
I’ll go ahead and give you a preview of what’s to come in the first few days of December…
Santa will be sending us our Elf again soon, and I’m pretty sure you’ve never seen one quite like ours.
Willard has a new female in his life, and I think he likes her more than he likes me. 
My 30+ year relationship with Y&R is in jeopardy.  I don’t know how much more of Sharon I can take.  Can’t someone lock her in a basement somewhere?
See you soon….

No comments:

Post a Comment