The main source of my chaos...

Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16 - Thankful blog - People who look out for me...


Today I am thankful for friends…

At somewhere around 9:00 this morning, my phone was blowing up.  People were calling me, leaving voice mails, texting me, writing on my Facebook wall.  I was on a lot of people’s minds! Why, you ask?  Because they wanted to make sure I was aware that Lee Greenwood was performing on The Today Show. There was a Naturalization ceremony and Lee was asked to perform.  What an honor for him!
 
If you know me, or know of me, or just read my blogs, you've probably picked up on the fact that I'm a big fan of Lee's.  Gosh, FAN seems like such an inadequate word.  Feel free to substitute GROUPIE, ENTHUSIAST, DEVOTEE... whatever works for you. 

 The bad news is that I missed it.  Ugh.  Baby A’s social worker was here for a home visit, and I forgot to set the DVR.  The good news is that it made me feel so good to know that these people thought about ME and stopped whatever they were doing to contact me.  It was a small gesture that really made me feel loved.  Thanks for looking out for me, y’all!
 
Here's a sample of some of my messages:



 
Can you feel the love? 

So, to all you folks who put me on LG alert - You do know that you’re feeding my fascination-that-borders-on-obsession, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment