The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15 - Thankful Blog - You get what you get...

Today I am thankful for two new “parenting tools” I instituted lately. 
First, an extremely intelligent pre-school teacher taught Gigi a new saying that has become the Garnett family motto – You get what you get and you don’t pitch a fit. 
Genius.  It may not work when they’re 14 and 15, but right now, those are magic words.
Next, I restarted something that I used when Haley and Karlie were young.  It’s called “your day”.  Yuri has odd days, and Gigi has even days.  On “your day”, you get to pick everything… what cartoon is watched, which seat in the car to ride in, which chair at the kitchen table to sit in, etc.  You can’t believe how much this has cut down on bickering about whether to watch “The Princess and the Frog” or “Chicken Run”. 
So, there you go.  I seldom give parenting tips, because… well, because I don’t have any.  I fly by the seat of my pants, so this is as close to helpful hints as I can get.  aley and
 

No comments:

Post a Comment