The main source of my chaos...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Shave November - Two Thumbs Down



I would like to meet the person who dreamed up “No Shave November” and punch him right in the face.  WORST. IDEA. EVER.

Let me say that I do like a little facial hair.  I like the scruffy look and a goatee is usually a nice addition to an otherwise average face.  But full beard? Nuh-uh.  Never.  Okay, so not never. But unless your last name is Robertson (as in Willie or Jase) – never. 

I believe “No Shave November” was originally started to promote prostate cancer awareness.  Guys, it would be far more attractive if you just wore a button that said “Check your prostate”. 

The real reason behind it is just because guys don’t like to shave.  It’s a chore.  They’re taking a whole month off from something just because they don’t like it.  Unbelievable. 

Wonder how men would react if women started taking a month off from things they don’t like?

How about LAUNDRY? The absolute thorn-in-my-side is laundry.  How realistic is it to think that a woman could put down the Tide for a month… just because all her friends are doing it?  

And then there’s GROCERY SHOPPING.  I’m just not good at it.  I rarely have a list, and even when I do, I forget things.  I end up making 14 circles around the store, spending $500, and still not getting what I needed. But, if I just didn’t buy groceries for a month, nobody would allow it.  My family would advertise for a replacement mom!

Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth as soon as I get out of the shower, and so I have to go back upstairs and do it.  I don’t hate brushing my teeth, but I do despise the stairs.  Maybe to keep it simple, I’ll just give up BRUSHING MY TEETH for a month.  Unacceptable? I think so…

There are other things, I’m sure, that some women would like to give up for a month.  I’m not going there, but feel free to go there yourself.

I’d like to offer some suggestions for what *I* feel might be better options for men.  You know, if you’re just itching to give something up.

How about… SportsCenter?  Thirty days of the "Today" show instead of ESPN in the mornings.  Hmmm.

Or PlayStation/Xbox? Yes, for a whole month.  I didn’t think so.

Farting in bed? Just sayin’…

Ohhhh, I know.  The remote control!! Yes, that’s my favorite.  Ladies, can you imagine life for a month if the hubby wasn’t allowed to the touch the remote??? Weeeeee!

Now, men, I know after reading this thought provoking blog, you are absolutely swearing off the “No Shave November” trend.  I think you’ve made an excellent choice.  The women in your life thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment