The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful blog - Day 17 - Christie Tapscott

It’s really embarrassing and a sign of OLD age when you reach the point in your life that when you need to GO, you NEED TO GO! I was in Decatur yesterday driving to an appointment with the new baby when it hit me. It really hit me. I was in my car and quite frankly didn’t see anywhere that looked like a suitable area to stop and potty. I’m so *not* a germ-a-phob but the thought of putting the baby down ON THE FLOOR, even in her seat, in one of those public and disgusting bathrooms was more than even I could handle. So… what did I do? Well, I called up my trusty friend, Christie Tapscott, who works in the courthouse building.

CHRISTIE: Hello.

ME: Hey – what are you doing?

CHRISTIE: Just working. What’s up?

ME: Well, ummm… this is embarrassing. I REALLY gotta potty and I have the baby and I don’t want to put her down and the bathrooms are disgusting and I just don’t think I can hold it and I feel so freaking old and I can’t believe I’m asking someone to HOLD MY BABY while I go to the bathroom….

CHRISTIE: Hahahahaha. It’s fine. I will meet you at the door.

So, I get the baby out of the car and carry her THROUGH the rain into the back entrance of the courthouse. It was cold and it was raining, but people, I HAD TO GO!

When I get inside, Christie is standing there talking to the security man who runs the metal detector. When he sees me, he just waved me through.

CHRISTIE: I told him you were my friend and I’m just going to hold your baby while you PEE.

Oh, gee… thanks Christie.

Anyway, it all ended well. I emptied the bladder (which has apparently shrunk to the size of a thimble) and Christie got to show off the baby to all her co-workers. She was, by the way, deemed the most beautiful baby any of them had ever seen.

See…. When I was thankful for my friends a few days ago, THIS kind of thing is what I was talking about. Do you have friends you can call to hold your kids while you pee? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment