The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, July 4, 2013

That random phone call...


Willard called me at 5:24 a.m. yesterday morning.  I was downstairs with the baby and he was in bed. When I saw his number pop up on the screen, I had a little moment of panic that something might be wrong.  What I wasn’t prepared for is this –

WILLARD:                 Hey, I thought of our grandparent names.

ME:                             (silence…because first of all, we aren’t expecting to become grandparents for at least 10 years…and also because that’s such a random statement to come from him of all people)

WILLARD:                 Did you hear me?

ME:                             Yes, I heard you.  I’ve already picked my grandma name.

WILLARD:                 I got better ones.  Grumpy and Gripey.  I’ll be Grumpy and you be Gripey.  

 

Wow.  Grumpy and Gripey.  I really want to be offended and hate it, but I have to admit… those are pretty spot on.  What do you think??
 
Meet Grumpy and Gripey Garnett
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment