The main source of my chaos...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I wish they made amnesia pills for kids...




I got just a tad irate with the officiating of the girls basketball game on Friday night.  If you were there, you may have noticed.  Yes, one of my New Year's resolutions from 2011 was not to yell at referees or umpires.  No, I don't have a child playing.  You're probably wondering why I get so upset when my kid isn't even out there.  Well, I've wondered that myself.  I don't have an answer.  

You may have also noticed that I was a perfect little quiet angel on Saturday night.  That’s because Yuri’s embarrassing and unflattering imitation of me was so disturbing that I may not ever be able to yell at a referee again. 

Her impression of me included stomping her feet, shaking her fists, and yelling… “Did your Mama drop you on your HEAD?!?!”  Seeing my 6-year-old impersonate me like that was just not a good feeling. 

So, I beg you, dear friends, slap me right up side the head if I get cranked up again.  And join me as I pray that Yuri doesn’t decide to share this performance with the social worker when she does our home visit on Thursday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment