The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Best New Year's Resolution EVER!


When I picked up Gigi from school, she wanted to know why I had several boxes of Crystal Light in the grocery bag.  I don’t allow them to drink soft drinks (except the occasional Sprite in a restaurant) but she knows all I drink is Diet Sundrop.  Yes, I know that’s kinda hypocritical, but it is what it is.  Do as I say, not as I do and all that…

Anyway, I told her that my New Year’s Resolution was to drink more water.  Which led to in depth conversation and questions about what a “reza-woo-shun” is.  In a nutshell, I told her that it’s when people make a promise to try to do something that will make their life better.   Without missing a beat, she says, “Oh, then, my reza-woo-shun is to kiss my Mommy every day”.  Be still my heart.  Couldn’t you just eat her up?

Then, there’s a slight pause…. “And to drink more Mountain Dew!!!”
 
Hahaha. 

And, because she’s so precious and I’m such a sap, she gets to eat cheese balls and a lollipop for lunch.  Minus the Mountain Dew!

No comments:

Post a Comment