The main source of my chaos...

Monday, December 24, 2012

I knew Kyle Busch was weird...


 
When Gigi decided to name our elf Kyle Busch, I knew that little dude was going to be weird.  Proof positive… I caught him this morning hanging out with the creepy Burger King doll that I have from my childhood.  (Any of you Randolph cousins recognize him?)
KB + BK = BFF

 It’s Christmas Eve! I have to say that this has been a fairly low stress holiday season for me.  I got my shopping done earlier than usual and I’m about halfway done wrapping, which is a vast improvement over most years when I’m up wrapping into the wee hours of Christmas morning.  It’s possible I forgot someone, but hopefully not. 

Now that I’ve confessed that I’m not consumed with stress, it makes it very hard to explain what happened to me last night.  I went to the grocery store (expecting a nightmare but it wasn’t bad at all) and then stopped by Captain D’s to get supper for the family.  I wasn’t sure about their menu, so I went inside to order rather than using the drive-thru. 

Cashier:                     Hi, may I take your order?
Me:                             Yes.  Ummmm… let’s see.  How many pieces of fish come in
                                    the 10-piece fish meal?

Cashier:                     Ummm… I’m not sure.  Let me ask.  **turns around and yells
                                   to the back – How many pieces of fish come with the
                                  10-piece???**

Yes, seriously.  That really happened.  I don't think the poor cashier never even realized what had just transpired.  Thank goodness there were no other customers to witness it.  The only person who thinks we’re nuts is the lady in the back who answered “Ten?” like it was a trick question. 

I’m off to cook up some grub and wrap some presents.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. 

Happy Birthday JESUS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment