The main source of my chaos...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Gearing up for 2012


Happy New Year!  I’ve been MIA for several days with regards to the blog, and I am starting to catch slack from a couple of my dedicated followers.  Thanks, by the way, for mentioning that you enjoy my blog when you see me out and about.  It’s funny to me that people are actually reading it, a little embarrassing too, but I’m glad.  I mean, that’s what it’s for!  I poke fun at myself for our chaotic lifestyle, but I’ve come to realize over the past 3 weeks that even chaos needs to be somewhat on a schedule.  With the big kids being out of school, daycare being closed, Willard taking a week off, and all the holiday craziness, Mama needs her routine back.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s been fun (at times) but I’m so unproductive.  Add the fact that I’ve discovered “Words With Friends” and you’ve got roughly 175 pounds (yeah, yeah, I’m gonna try work on that in 2012) of laziness. 

Ugh. 

I told myself I wouldn’t do resolutions for 2012, but I’ve changed my mind.  There are actually a few “bucket list” kind of things that I’d like to accomplish in this year, so I’ll blog about that later today or tomorrow (or when real life starts back).

Funny of the Day:  Last night Yuri and Gigi were playing in the other room and I heard all this coughing and gasping… then I heard, “Open the window and let the smoke out”.  Smoke???  What in the world?

Me:  What’s wrong?

Yuri: Nothing.  We’re playing.

Me: Are you playing Fire Department?

Yuri: No, we’re pretending like we’re mommies and we’re baking cookies. 

Me: Oh.  Why are you coughing and opening the window?

Yuri: To let the smoke out.

Yeah, I know.  Funny stuff.  Sometimes you have to laugh, even when the joke’s on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment