The main source of my chaos...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

By the time the milk expires...

This is the blog that Haley Rae told me would be the “lamest” thing she ever heard of if I really confessed it.  I decided to do it anyway, just because surely I’m not the only person out there at does this.  Surely.
Ever since I was a teenager, I have paid close attention to the date that the milk expires.  Not because I am afraid I’ll drink old milk (well, that too) but because I use that date as a marker to judge how close I am to whatever it is I’m looking forward to. 
I used to get so excited when Mom would buy milk that had an expiration date of Dec. 26 or 27.  That meant that Christmas was CLOSE.  So close that it would be here before the milk expires.
I remember looking at the expiration date and thinking “Yes!  I’ll have my driver’s license by the time the milk expires!” 
OR
“I will be married by the time the milk expires.”
“This baby will be born by the time the milk expires.”
“Our adoption will be final by the time the milk expires.”
Sometimes, it will be something silly like “American Idol starts back by the time the milk expires.”  And there are even times with there’s nothing exciting to link to the expiration date.  HOWEVER, I bought milk yesterday and the expiration date of January 15.   That probably means nothing to you, but it does to me!!  I will be in Jamaica by the time the milk expires. 
J-A-M-A-I-C-A, mon! 
I hope something good is happening to you by the time milk expires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment