The main source of my chaos...

Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 3 - Massey ... Day 4 - My Home

On Day 3 and Day 4, I'm thankful for Massey, Alabama, and the house that I live in.

When we got married in 1990, Willard's aunt and uncle gave us land as a wedding present.  Land, people! I was 20 years old and honestly did not realize what a gift that was.  I appreciated it then, but even more now.  I have thought many times that there's nowhere I'd rather live than this spot right here. From my "spot" on the couch right I have a perfect view of the sun rising in the east.  When I look to the south, I can see nothing but land and trees.  Well, except for the occasional cow, coyote or deer. 

We built our house in 1994, and then built ON to our house in 2006.  It's not a mansion but it's plenty big for us.  I've never been one to really care about decorating or what kind of counter tops I have or even really if the furniture matches exactly.  It may not be magazine-worthy, but it's full of the things that matter... laughter, love, and laundry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment