The main source of my chaos...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Gigi moment...

Yesterday was a busy day for me.  We had volleyball all morning, the social worker came yesterday afternoon to do our yearly home study, and we went to Jefferson County last night to pick out a puppy (yes, puppy...yes, I know I'm crazy...I'm sure he'll make a future blog).  In between all this, I was trying to work.  As in, my job.  A lot of people don't even know I have a job, but I do.  I work from home, but it's still a job and I have to squeeze in time to do it somehow.  Anyway, I was in a rush and trying to answer some work emails while the baby was napping.  Gigi kept being very "needy".  She wanted something to eat, she wanted something to drink, she wanted me to turn her TV on a different channel... and so on.  Every time she needed something, I had to stop what I was doing, lose my train of thought, etc.  Needless to say, I was getting irritated so I told her to go to her room and not come out until I gave her permission.  Well, that really got her started...
"Mommy! Why are you so mean? You're so mean.  I don't like you.  You're mean, mean, mean.  And ugly.  You hurt my feelings.  I'm telling Daddy.  You're mean."

Ugh.

I finally looked at her and said (through gritted teeth - you know, because I'm so mean) "Gigi, I have to work.  You can sit here with me, but DO NOT SAY A WORD.  Do you understand????"

I got preoccupied on the laptop and didn't look over at her for a couple of minutes and when I did, this is what I saw...


That would be Gigi giving me the "loser" sign.  Technically, she wasn't saying a word.  Should I beat her or laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment