The main source of my chaos...

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Wow - I can't believe it's been 10 days since I wrote. I've had a busy two weeks, but they've been fun.

Me, Tammy, Haley Rae, Karlie, Sloan, Connor, Yuri and Gigi took a girls trip to the beach this week. We left on Saturday and came home on Wednesday. It was wonderful. I LOVE the beach. I don't care if it's raining or sunny, hot or cold.... I just love it. I don't even have to step on it to feel so serene. I just like to sit and watch it. I see living on a beach in my future. I may be 85 when it happens, but that's on my bucket list.

The girls had a ball. Haley and Karlie have always loved it, and the babies are following right along. They would have spent 23 out of 24 hours on the beach if I had allowed it.

Haley turned 16 while we were there. SIXTEEN!!! She has high expectations for this age. She seems to think the skies will open up and all things magical will fall upon her... haha. She got her license and had her first date, which were both things she's been looking SO forward to. I have to say, I thought she would turn 16 and date 400 boys. Seriously. She has just never been one to limit her options. BUT, her romance with Caleb has been rekindled and now they're officially "going out". I'm finally understanding the difference between "talking", "texting", and "going out".

And the best news... Hunter will be home in 2 days. He called this morning at 5:30. I was awake because I got up early to try to get some work done before Yuri and Gigi woke up. But nooo. I came downstairs and found them playing in Karlie's room with all the lights on. Anyway, Hunter called and after talking about 15 minutes, he said "oh, it's early there, ain't it?" We talked for almost 20 minutes and I'm so anxious to see him. He has thoroughly enjoyed his trip and wants to return to Serbia someday, but I can tell he is ready to get home. He has been texting me today with all the things he has planned for next week. Most of it involves not being at home! Geez!

Getting ready for Willard to get home. He's cooking shrimp for us. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment