The main source of my chaos...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to normal life

The long holiday weekend was great, but I for one will be glad to be back to normal life. Routine is a good thing and I miss it when we stray from it for too long.

We spent most of our weekend at the lake. My kids were literally submersed in water for about 8 hours every day. I swear they're part fish. Ruben and Minque had a ball and are the sweetest kids. I'm taking them back home (to their foster home) this morning. I think Minque will be sad to go. She kinda likes the hustle and bustle of the Garnett home!

I'm really missing Hunter this morning. He'll be 18 tomorrow and it seems weird that he's having a birthday 4300 miles away. Eighteen years ago this morning, I was getting ready for my last doctor's appointment. After seeing the sonogram and deciding that he weighed around 9 pounds, we made plans to induce labor the next day. After unsuccessful induction, they did a c-section and pulled out a 10-pound baby boy. For those of you who know Willard, you know he doesn't show emotions very often and has a pretty good poker face, but that day was an exception. He was the happiest I've ever seen him. There were probably 40 people standing at the nursery window when Willard walked out with him and I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole room.

Gonna jump in the shower and then get some house stuff done before the kids gets up. Haley Rae has volleyball camp all day, Karlie has orthodontist and then plans to go to the pool, Yuri and Gigi are going to school, and I'm taking Minque and Ruben back to Valhermoso Springs. (then I'm going to get my nails done... shhhh!) Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment