The main source of my chaos...

Friday, July 2, 2010

Friends with pools!

Why should we spend boo-coos of money to build a pool when we have plenty of friends with pools?? That's what Willard says. And it turns out he may be right. I'm training Yuri and Gigi to smile their sweet little smiles and say "I wanna come swim at YOUR house". So far, we've raked in invites from 5 different families! We've been to Sherry's, Sarah Terry's, and Leslie's. Amy Sherrill and Sylaina, you're next! Anybody else interesed in having the Garnett's over to swim can contact me via text or Facebook. We still have a few days open. :)

I've got my list all made and will be up bright and early getting stuff together for the lake. Minque isn't quite sure what a lake is, but she's thinking she'll like it. Haha. She went swimming for the first time this week in a real pool. She loved it, but panics if she can't touch. The whole floating thing doesn't make much sense to her. Ruben, on the other hand, is proficient in the dead man's float. That boy makes me a nervous wreck. He keeps wanting to stay UNDER water. Did I mention that he's never been swimming until this week???

We declared this week "All about Karlie week" so she got to pick the supper menu. For tonight she picked steak and gravy, mashed taters, mac-n-cheese, fruit cocktail and cornbread, so that's what we had. I don't mind the cooking but HATE the cleanup.

Haven't heard from Hunter in a while. I expect a phone call SOON!!! From reading his adentures on FB, I think it's safe to say they're having a good time.

It's bedtime for me. Happy 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment