The main source of my chaos...

Monday, July 12, 2010

The best laid plans of mice and men...

I intended to get up early this morning and spend the whole day cleaning house. It's not gonna happen. Gigi tossed and turned and cried all night. She was not really awake but was either having nightmares or had a tummy ache or something. I finally put her in our bed around 5 a.m. and she "slept" until 8. Then we moved downstairs to the recliner where I rocked her until she woke up after 10:00. She seems happy now, but sounds congested so I hope we're not about to hit one of her asthma crises! Anywho, after watching two episodes of "Frasier", three episodes of "Desperate Housewives" and one episode of "Y&R", I've lost my desire to clean house. I'm going to chalk this up to a lazy day.

I'm coming out of medical retirement tonight to play softball in the tournament. Something tells me this is not a wise choice, but I'm going to do it anyway. My shoulder is definitely better, but I still feel a twinge when I move certain ways. Not sure how's it going to feel when I swing a bat!

Hunter *finally* called me yesterday. He was supposed to call me on his birthday (last Wednesday) but he didn't. I kept sending reminders via Facebook but he didn't call until yesterday. As usual, him and Cody sound great. They seem to be having so much fun.

Here's part of our conversation -
HUNTER: How come you let Haley Rae go to Lauren's for so many days?
ME: What do you mean?
HUNTER: Mom, you KNOW she invited herself. Nobody would CHOOSE to spend 4 days with Haley Rae.
ME: I know it's hard for you to believe, but some people actually like her.
HUNTER: Pffffff!
CODY: I like Haley Rae.
HUNTER: Shut up, Cody.
CODY: Actually I like Haley Rae more than I like you.
HUNTER: Shut up, Cody.

And so on...

I'm glad they're having a good trip, but I'll be more glad when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment