The main source of my chaos...

Friday, May 31, 2013

Bittersweet Day


Yesterday was a bittersweet day for us.  We officially started the paperwork portion of Baby A’s adoption and signed the necessary papers at DHR.  Now we wait for the lawyer to file the papers, and get us a court date to make it all legal.  I’m shooting for the first of August.  Then, people, there will be a blog introducing Baby A… complete with a NAME and lots of pictures.  Yay! 

Yesterday was also the day that our little 5-year-old foster girl (referred to for blog purposes as “#7”) moved to her new foster home with her siblings.  This little girl was one of the sweetest children I’ve ever met.  She was polite and got along well with my kids.  She always did exactly what was asked of her without a bit of whining or bargaining.  I know… mind boggling, huh??  At one point, I wondered if I could sneak one of my other kids in the car with the new foster mom and keep #7 without her noticing the swap… I’m just kidding. Kinda. 

We had only had her a day or two when she went into the kitchen where Willard was cutting strawberries.  She asked if she could have one and he said yes.  When she turned back around to Yuri and Gigi, she said, “He is soooo nice!”  The expression on Yuri and Gigi’s face was priceless. You have to know us in real life to know how funny that comment is.  “Nice” is not commonly the adjective used to describe him.  Then a couple of days later, she came up to me and said, “Your daddy is soooo strong and he has big muscles”.  Again, she was referring to Willard. Needless to say, she wiggled her way right into his heart.  She told Haley Rae and Karlie how pretty they looked every time she saw them.  One morning, Haley Rae had just rolled out of bed and came into the den when #7 said, “Ohhhh! You look so pretty today!” Later that afternoon, I took #7 to her doctor’s appointment and she failed her vision screening.  Turns out she needs glasses… that explains a lot. 

She was a joy to have in our home and we will miss her, but we’re happy that she is back with her siblings and in a great foster home. 

Group Hug!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment