The main source of my chaos...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Garnett Family Update

I've been called the dreaded blog "slacker" today, so I figured I better get it in gear. 

I just thought I'd do a quick Garnett Family Update since I haven't done that in a while. 

Me and Willard took a cruise earlier this month.  We had a great time with our old friends, Bill and Michelle Biddle.  I don't want to say too much about the trip because I really am planning to do a blog post about it.


Hunter is having a great year at Mississippi State.  He's on schedule to graduate in December and plans to apply for law school. I say that loosely because his life plan changes on a daily basis.  We're *this close* to having all his dental work done.  We should have it all wrapped up in May.  Everytime I look at his teeth, I will be reminded of the pool I will likely never have because all our money went to the oral surgeon.  Oh well, such is life.  I figure I owe it to the world to pay for teeth that he cannot remove... since he finds it soooo hilarious to pull them out everytime he has his picture made. 



Haley Rae has been in Guatemala for a week.  She loves it.  LOVES it.  This is a girl who is not afraid to whine about anything that's bothering her, and she hasn't complained a SINGLE time.  I'm so happy that she's happy.  I asked her to rank her happiness on a scale of 1 to 10 and she said "14".  Alrighty then!  I can't wait to hear stories and see more pictures from her. 

Haley and one of her new little friends
 

Karlie will be 16 next month, which means she's driving us crazy with questions about a car and dating, etc .  I can say with great love that Karlie is our different child.  She has the oddest idiosyncrasies.  Heck, I can't say it any other way except that she's just WEIRD.  Sweet, compassionate, and weird.  Anyway, the main thing she's looking for in car is a certain kind of door handles.  Yes, door handles.  Apparently, there's an acceptable kind and a non-acceptable. 

Acceptable

 

Not acceptable

I don't think she cares about the make, model or color.  As long as the door handles are the kind she "needs", then she's happy.  I believe we can handle that!

Yuri is enjoying kindergarten.  She's apparently very social and doesn't always get her work done on time because she spends a lot of time "visiting" with her neighbors.  Shocking, isn't it?  Wherever would she get something like that??  After the whole "you look like Honey Boo-Boo's mom" incident (if you haven't read that story, you can read it here.), I felt pretty confident that her teacher wouldn't be inviting us to repeat kindergarten next year so it's a good thing she's doing well.  (Just kidding, Mrs. Stinson)

Yuri and her BFF, Mylee.


Gigi is... well, Gigi.  Things can never be easy, can they? After 4 years of no sleep, once she figured out how to do it, she's loving it.  I cannot get that child out of bed in the mornings.  I have to constantly bribe her and remind her of something "fun" going on that day just to get her up.  This week hasn't been as bad because it's her week to take snack to school.  She's so excited about Thursday.  It's my birthday and she wants to take a cookie cake for her class to eat.  For MY birthday.  I can't wait to see the look on the Kroger lady's face when I tell her to please write "Happy Birthday Gigi's Mommy" on the cake. 


 
 
Baby A is keeping us on our toes, as usual.  She's 16 months old and a tiny 18-pound package of dynomite.  I'm not sure there's ever been such an opinionated child, who knew exactly what she wanted, when she wanted it, how she wanted it, and for how long.  Whew.  We are progressing right along with her foster/adoption situation.  If things go as scheduled, we will go to court again in April, and should be proceeding with adoption in the summer.  :)  She's a climber, that one.  I don't know why she can't be happy playing in the floor.  She's got to constantly be suspended in mid-air on the verge of falling off of something.  She drags her riding toys from room to room and uses them to climb up on whatever she wants.  No broken bones yet, but plenty of bruises.  She is either keeping me young or making me old.  It's still up for debate!
 
Sitting in her favorite spot.  ON TOP of the kitchen table.  Sigh. 
 
Thanks for sticking with me during my blogging dry spell.  I don't know what's been wrong with me lately, but it felt good to type all this out tonight.  I think I'm back on track!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment