The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boogity, boogity, boogity!!!


I'm so excited that I can barely even type it, but I'll be leaving in about 4 hours for Bristol, TN. My VERY favorite weekend of the whole year is here - the night race at Bristol.

We have reservations at a nice place in Sevierville.  You've probably seen it... it's the Clarion Inn right there on whatever that road is that runs from Interstate 40 into Pigeon Forge.  It looks like a Plantation house with big white columns.  Apparently it's supposed to remind people of Tara (from "Gone With The Wind") because there are about 4 ba-jillion pictures of Scarlet and Rhett hanging everywhere.  That part is rather annoying, but other than that, it's a nice place. 

I plan to have a weekend FULL of racing and carbs.  Racing.. well, that's obvious.  Carbs... that's because we'll sleep late every morning and then hit Cracker Barrel.  After the race on Friday night and Saturday night, we'll likely either stop and eat at a IHOP or Waffle House.  That means between Friday morning and Sunday morning, I'll eat breakfast food 6 times.  That, my friends, is a lot of biscuits.  Not to mention that my favorite restaurant in the whole world in in Knoxville and I'm sure we'll hit it at least once.  It's called Puleo's Grille and they have the BEST spinach dip ever.  I could eat it every day the rest of my life.  It's that good. 

In anticipation of my trip, I bought one of very favorite treats... mellowcreme pumpkins.  Yum yum yum!  I always look forward to the stores putting out Halloween candy so I can stock up on them.  I carry a little backpack to the race with crackers and candy, so I was thinking my pumpkins would be an awesome idea. 

That is, until I see that Yuri and Gigi have decided to make a pumpkin float with MY pumpkins and Haley's pink lemonade. 



For the record, mellowcreme pumpkins do not withstand liquid well.  Ugh.  So much for my favorite treat!

BUT, this is my favorite weekend, and something as simple as melted pumpkins will not rain on my parade. 

Let's go racin, boys!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment