The main source of my chaos...

Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of school...

Well, it's the first day of school and they're all out the door.  *sigh*  Do I have tears?  I must admit I do.  TEARS OF JOY!!!  I love, love, love summertime but I need routine.  Yes, I know my life is chaotic, but it's REALLY chaotic without some kind of "regular" day.  Plus, the start of school means the start of high school sports and I can't even tell you how much I love volleyball...and basketball...and softball...

In honor of the first day of her senior year, I made pancakes for Haley Rae.  This won't happen very often.  I cook breakfast alot.... at night...for supper.   A typical morning consists of Pop Tarts, muffins or cereal. 


The babies actually started their preschool classes last Monday.  They went to daycare two days a week all summer but I would let them sleep late and take them to daycare at 9:00 or 10:00 or whenever.  This has turned out to not be such a great idea because they got in a terrible habit of staying up late and sleeping late (and not taking naps!).  When I go in to wake them up at 7:00 now, they're NOT ready to get up.


I don't even know why we have two beds in their room.  Their new thing is to sleep piled up on top of each other.

I'm posting this picture just to prove that the "bed head" blog a couple of months ago was not a fluke. 


It's hard to believe Haley Rae is a senior, but I think it's even harder to believe Karlie is a freshman! 


Even though it's not technially their *first* day, I made a big deal about taking "back to school" pictures of Yuri and Gigi.  They were in silly moods - I snapped about a dozen pictures and STILL didn't get one of them both just looking at the camera and smiling.


Gigi being goofy.  Shocking.
Monkeys.

This is as close as we got to a normal picture.



Gigi has started asking to take pictures whenever she sees me get the camera out.  She's getting pretty good at actually keeping the camera steady and taking a decent shot for a 3-year-old.  She took this "back to school" picture of Mommy.

I'm thinking I look a little TOO happy to be herding all my kids out the door.  I look...well, almost giddy.  Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment