The main source of my chaos...

Friday, April 3, 2015

It's Friday....

A few months ago, I remember reading something in my women’s bible study book that really stuck out.  The book is by Angela Thomas, and I believe she’s quoting E.V. Hill….

It’s Friday.  Jesus is arrested in the garden where He was praying. But Sunday’s coming.
It’s Friday.  The disciples are hiding and Peter’s denying that he knows the Lord. But Sunday’s coming.
It’s Friday. Jesus is standing before the high priest of Israel, silent as a lamb before the slaughter.  But Sunday’s coming. 
It’s Friday.  Jesus is beaten, mocked, and spit upon.  But Sunday’s coming…
And on that horrible day 2,000 years ago, Jesus the Christ, the Lord of glory, the only begotten Son of God, the only perfect man… died on the cross of Calvary. Satan thought that he had won the victory… BUT THAT WAS FRIDAY.


Even though I distinctly remember reading this a few months ago and it having an impact on me then, it has even more impact on me today.  Sometimes when you’re going through changes or have big decisions to make, it feels like Friday in your heart.  I’m so glad these words hit me again (in the middle of the night, of course, when I have my most important thoughts).  It may feel like Friday in your heart, but hang in there… Sunday’s a-coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment