The main source of my chaos...

Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013!


As 2013 comes to an end, I started to think about a few observations I made over the year.

·        My mom has always said, “Don’t buy me gifts… if y’all are all together, that’s all I want.” I would think… bologna… but it hit me this year that that’s the truth.  Every year could potentially be the last year that my kids all wake up in my house and have Christmas morning together, and that makes me sad.  I just want us all to be together… even if it means kids are piled here and there and everywhere.

 

·        No matter how often I say, “I HATE WALMART”, I still find myself wandering around in there and complaining about it at least once a week.  I swear they must pump in some kind of hypnotic gas through the vents that makes us forget how much we hate it.

 

·        Leggings are not pants.  They’re just not, y’all.  The End.

 

·        Whatever medical disorder makes it impossible to stay awake past 10 p.m. is what I have. 

 

·        Pretty on the outside does not always mean pretty on the inside.  Some of the ugliest people I know are quite attractive to look at.

 

·        Magic Erasers are truly magic.  If your children ever write on your wood kitchen table with a SHARPIE (I mean, hypothetically , since my precious angel children would never do that!), a Magic Eraser will take it right off.  Amazing. Hypothetically, that is.

 

·        The people who claim to “hate drama” seem to always be the ones right in the middle of it.  If you have to profess your hatred for drama, then you probably don’t hate it at all. 

 

·        With all the non-traditional Christmas meals these days, I didn’t get to eat ham or turkey.  So now I’m wondering if nobody eats ham/turkey anymore, it is still considered traditional? In any event, I need some turkey.  Can someone help me out, please?

 

 

·        And finally…. Two statements that I’m trying to make my motto, even though sometimes I think I’m crazy….

NEVER SAY NEVER.

WHY SAY NO WHEN YOU CAN SAY YES.

 

I hope you all had a great 2013 and I hope 2014 is even better.

Roll Tide.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment