The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I hate the F word... yes, that F word

Okay, so I’m about to rant.  You’ve been warned. 
Am I the only person in the whole world who is totally and completely offended by the F word? Have we truly become so desensitized that we freely use it and hear it without batting an eye?? 
Movies have been using it for years, and it’s always bothered me.  I literally cringe when I hear it, but I never thought I’d see the day when I had to dodge F bombs in my everyday life.
I see kids on Twitter using it.  And no, it’s not okay if you’re just retweeting someone else, or it’s a song lyric. 
I can’t even watch SportsCenter without seeing an athlete or coach say it (I’m just as offended when I lip read it as when I hear it).
I follow several other blogs that some funny, funny women write.  Unfortunately, I never link anybody up to them because they tend to think that inserting the F word makes it funnier.  They are so wrong! It just makes it vulgar and makes it look like they can’t think of a more original word to use.
It probably seems like I’m judging people who use the F word.  Let me explain… I AM JUDGING PEOPLE WHO USE THE F WORD.  I’m throwing you in the same pile as pedophiles, murderers and people who voted for Obama. 
(See, I tried to warn you)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Amy. It irritates me to death to try to watch a TV program or movie that some idiot ruins with THAT WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always hated the word...hear it from my hubby all the time and he likes to piss me off so he uses it all the time...then my beautiful beautiful daughter uses it and allows my 15 yr old grandson to use it...as of today...they can no long kiss their Nonna's mouth with that mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the word too.. especially when people use it casually..it makes me cringe Everytime someone says that and I hate it..we really should stop doing that

    ReplyDelete