The main source of my chaos...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Big Bootie Judy

Well, the bedtime bowl of ice cream and two Honey Buns for breakfast has officially caught up with me.  I stepped on the scales last week to discover that I now weigh more than I did when I gave birth to my children.  I can’t wear any of my clothes and I’m basically just feeling depressed and crappy about the whole body image thing.  I put a new diet and exercise plan in action today, and I need your help.  I’m going to post updates on the blog, but feel free to check in on me anytime you want.  If you see me at a ballgame purchasing something junky (or worse…pulling in Sonic at 10 pm), be sure to call me out.  If you’re not comfortable confronting me face-to-face, just start oinking as I walk by and I’ll know I’ve been busted. 
My biggest worry is the exercise thing.  I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly when to squeeze that in.  I have always done best when I get up at 5 a.m. or so and get it over with.  Due to sporadic and ever­-changing sleep patterns amongst small children in my home (not calling names!), sometimes I’m just too sleepy to get up at 5 a.m.  Did I mention I HATE exercise?? People keep telling me that once I start, I will love it and never want to miss a workout.  Blah, blah.  Whatever.  I can promise you that won’t be the case.  
Tonight, I met Deborah after supper and we set out hoping to get in a couple of miles.  I won’t go into the story here, but try to picture a cemetery, 2 preschoolers, one baby, 2 teenage girls, 2 dogs, a stranger, and a SNAKE.  To say we got distracted would be a huge understatement!
As I’m keying in my final entry into the handy app on my phone, Willard offers his words of wisdom… “Instead of trying to lose weight, let’s just make it cool to be fat.”  Good plan, honey.  We’ll let that be Plan B in case Plan A doesn’t work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment