The main source of my chaos...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby A



If you know me at all, you know we have a new foster baby.  She was born on October 18, and came home from the hospital straight to the Garnett home on October 20.  We aren't allowed to post pictures or talk much about her on the internet, so that's why you may not remember hearing too much about her.  As much as I post about the other kids, I was beginning to feel guilty that "Baby A" doesn't get her share of the spotlight, so I'm dedicating today's blog to the sweetest baby girl in the world. 

At age 3 1/2 months, she's only 11 pounds.  That might seem like a normal weight to you, but since Hunter weighed in at 10 pounds AT BIRTH, she seems tiny to me.  She holds her head up and watches everything around her like she's much older than 3 months.  Oh, and she's rotten.  She gets held and played with all the time, so she's come to expect it.  Her new trick this week is that it's not enough to just HOLD her, you have to hold her STANDING UP.  Believe me, she knows the difference.

She's got the bluest eyes I've ever seen.  Karlie swears she can look into the baby's eyes and see her brain.  ha.  She's been sleeping all night for weeks, which is awesome.  Now, if Gigi would just do the same, we'd be all set!  

I really, really, really want to post pictures, but I don't want to get in trouble.  You'll just have to use your imagination or see her in person.  Trust me when I say she's adorable.  Apparently that's a rule - you have to be cute to live here... just sayin'! 

Last night Willard came in telling me that he's thinking about getting a lab puppy.  I started fussing about it and in a few minutes, Haley Rae tweeted this:

My dad threatening to get a lab puppy and then my mom threatening to adopt more children.  LORD HELP ME. 

Haha.  And then I get a random text from someone this morning that says, "Your house is the only one I know where adopting more kids is a valid threat". 

As with all foster placements, you really never know how long you'll have a child or what the future holds. In the world of DHR, judges, lawyers, and laws, it's a rollercoaster ride. I learned a lot with our experiences with Yuri and Gigi. I will not sit around and worry about what's going to happen with this baby. God is in control and he knows where she's going to spend her life. It may be back with her mom, or in foster care, or even adopted. I'm just going to hold her and rock her and smother her little face with kisses every day as long as I can - whether it's one more day or forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment