The main source of my chaos...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8 - Thankful Blog - REVIVAL



Today I am thankful for the Revival we had this week.  We had more youth there than I’ve seen in a couple of years, and THAT is an awesome feeling.  We had 9 (yes, nine!) professions of faith, all teens. 

I tweeted on Sunday morning that I enjoyed the sermon but needed a pedicure because Bro. Wade was ALL OVER my toes.  Good thing I didn’t rush out and get them repainted, because he pretty much stomped on them all week. 

As I posted on FB earlier this week, Gigi was feeling especially evangelical and came home Sunday night insisting that we invite all our “neighbors”.   And she wanted me to text the moms of her preschool friends to invite them.  I texted my friend Cassandra and invited her two boys, Alston and Lincoln (ages 4 and 9).  They ended up going with us Tuesday and Wednesday night, and seemed to really enjoy it.  The only awkward time was the weird looks I got from them in the car.  I let Yuri and Gigi pick what music we listened to.  Apparently Alston and Lincoln weren’t familiar with Lionel Richie’s Greatest Hits?

It seriously was a good week.  I’m usually relieved to get to stay home when we finish Revival, but I have to agree with Karlie this time.  We were driving home from school this afternoon and she said, “I wish we had Revival again tonight”.  Me too, Kiki.  Me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment