The main source of my chaos...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 4 and 5 - Sunday afternoon naps and DVRs


Day 4 – Sunday afternoon naps

Back in the pre-Yuri and Gigi days, Sunday afternoons consisted of naps and NASCAR.  Two things that I enjoy immensely.  After they came along, I had to pretty much give up naps and my race watching was spotty.  Since the arrival of Baby A, I never get a nap and I DVR the race to watch later.  (She has a knack for requiring your full attention).

After a sleepless night Saturday night and being awake during Sunday school and the worship service, Baby A was in desperate need of a nap after church.  She went to sleep in the car and stayed that way when I laid her in her bed (shocker!).  It took me about 45 minutes to get lunch ready and the rest of the family fed, and by that time, she was waking up.  Ugh.  I SO needed a nap.  Before she got completely awake, I took her to Karlie’s room and asked her to hold her.  When I went back to check on them, this is what I saw….

 

I’m no dummy.  I sprinted up the stairs and, thanks to my gift of being able to fall asleep before my head hits the pillow,  got myself a nice (but short) nap. 

 

Day 5 – DVR                       

I’m thankful for the greatest invention of this century – the DVR.  I don’t like to miss my Genoa City family for more than a day or two, so I DVR it every day.  Speaking of which, Sharon is SO messed up.  Can you say cray –cray?? 

Anyway, here’s what we have on the DVR right now.

The Young and the Restless - as stated before, this is my must-see show.  It’s silly and unrealistic, but I remember when Nikki went to the PROM so it’s a little late now for me to stop watching.  I knew the Y&R characters before I could read.

King of the Hill – This was originally a Willard show that I pretended to hate, but it has really grown on me over the last few years.  Honestly, if you will sit and watch it, Hank Hill and Andy Griffith have a lot in common.  I know you don’t believe me.  Watch for yourself.  Hank is a good guy with high morals and is constantly trying to fix the messes that his friends are getting in to.  There are a lot of similarities. 

NASCAR Racing – I actually delete the race every week after I watch it, but I must’ve forgot yesterday, so it’s still on there.  My favorites (Harvick and Junior) aren’t gonna pull a championship this year.  I think Brad Keselowski might have a chance.  Nothing against Jimmie Johnson, but I’m sick of seeing him win.  That must be how Bama haters feel.  (Roll Tide)  

Cowboys Cheerleaders ­– Love this show.  I’m scared to death of Kelly and Judy and I have a lot of admiration of the girls who survive training camp to become part of the team.  They’re SO much more than a pretty face with a nice body. 

The 46th Annual CMA Awards – Growing up, I always watched awards shows and beauty pageants, but Willard is King of the TV and vetoed those types of programs when we got married.  This year’s CMA Award show was the first one I’ve seen or recorded in years.  While I’m a big country music fan and love concerts, the majority of the live performances on the awards show sucked.  Thank goodness for Luke Bryan and the distraction he provided. 

The Big Bang Theory – Hands down, the funniest sitcom ever.  Nobody can believe this, but Willard and Sheldon are so much alike in some ways that it’s scary.  I’ll let you process that for a while.

Nashville – OMG.  This is my favorite new show.  I hope this one is around a long, long time.  It’s full of beautiful Southern people who lie and cheat.  It’s awesome.  Don’t judge me.

Sons of Anarchy – Confession time.  I’m not loving SOA this season.  First of all, a part of me died with Opie and I’m still grieving.  But it’s also really bothering me that it is so graphic these days.  Lots of unnecessary blood and gut scenes that I could certainly live without.  I do have to say, though, Jimmy Smits is a nice addition to the show.  Y’all know how I feel about older men and even as a greasy tatted-up biker, Jimbo is a hottie. 


The Office – There are some GREAT characters on this show and I really had high hopes that they could pull it off without Michael, but it’s just not the same.  I believe this is the last season, and that makes me sad.

Duck Dynasty – No explanation needed here.  If you’re reading my blog, chances are that you are from the South and you are a faithful viewer of Duck Dynasty.  If you’re not, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Wow, I got a little long-winded on Day 5.  Sorry about that!  See you tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment