The main source of my chaos...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Puddles of drool and pregnant porcupines...



There are a few things that I’m terrible at.  Wrapping gifts is one.  I’m sure Gigi’s teacher thought she wrapped her own exchange gift for their party today, but nope.  It was all me.  I’m also terrible at painting.  As in, the walls.  Well, now that I think about it, also as in art.  I’m terrible at water skiing and/or knee boarding, etc.  I love tubing, and all things water but I can’t get up on skis.  Picture a water buffalo attempting to pull himself up on skis, and that’s a pretty accurate picture.  Anyway, it is what it is, right?

The thing that I’m MOST terrible out is evident to me right at this moment.  I’m terrible at being sick.  I don’t know if it’s because I’m a whiney butt or what, but this stinks.  I was fine yesterday.  I went to the basketball game with a slight sore throat, and by the time I got home I thought I was dying.  Simply swallowing was almost enough to make me cry.  I literally slept with my head hanging off the side of the bed, face down, so the drool could run out into a puddle and I wouldn’t have to swallow as much.  Gross, yes.  Necessary?  Well, obviously.  I mean who really wants a pool of drool beside their bed. 

The good news is I didn’t die.  I made it to the urgent care this morning, got a shot in the butt and some good drugs.  I came home, slept almost 3 hours, and I am already feeling better.  I still have a really sore throat, but I can deal with a typical sore throat.  It’s that oh-my-gosh-I-think-I-swallowed-a-pregnant-porcupine feeling that I have a problem with. 

I’m planning to get my kids to bed early (I haven’t told them yet), drink some hot chocolate, soak in a hot tub of bubbles and get 8 hours of sleep.  If I can manage even ONE of those, I should be a whole new person by tomorrow.  I’ll let you know… J


No comments:

Post a Comment